So 2017 has brought with it some great books, and below I’ll be sharing my favourite ones! I think I may do another list later about which books I’m most excited for in 2018, too 😊<<<<<<<<<
let me know which books have been your favourites this year, and if you agree with mine!
- Top 2017 Books (in random order because I’m not organised)< strong>
- The Last Namsara – I got an ARC of this book and adored it! It has a kick ass female lead and dragons (what else do you need in life?!) and it seriously doesn’t get enough love
- The Girl With The Red Balloon – this book…this book is magic, pure and simple. It’s one of those books where you can literally feel the magic seeping through the pages. As with The Last Namsara, this book definitely doesn’t get enough recognition
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer – so I’ve seen mixed reviews about this book, and it honestly blows my mind because I think it’s a masterpiece. A complete masterpiece. This is actually one of the first books that springs to mind when I think of my favourite 2017 books. The female friendship, the humour, the action…top class
- A Court of Wings and Ruin – because obviously. Feysand 💕
- Heart of Mist – a lovable main character, a squad of female warriors that put the bad in badass, and delightful writing. I’m so pumped for book 2 (and also you should totally follow Helen Scheuerer on Twitter because she’s so sweet)
- Traitor to the Throne – this sequel blew my mind; I fucking loved it. It was one of those books that I wasn’t desperate to get my hands on, and so it totally took me by surprise when I couldn’t put it down
- The Butterfly Project – this was my first Emma Scott novel, and I couldn’t love it more. It’s new adult, and it’s swoony AF and so cute it’s ridiculous
- Wintersong – Wintersong destroyed me. It definitely set the bar way high for Shadowsong (my review for that here) but I still love it dearly
- King’s Cage – I’m due a reread of this very shortly, and I can’t wait
- Caraval – this book totally took me by surprise because it was so addictive. The magic and the romance and the mystery…gah
- Frostblood – this is one of the most underrated YA fantasy series going. Really. Arcus 4 life
And that’s all, folks! If 2017 hasn’t been your year, then I hope 2018 is kinder to you. And if 2017 has been your year, then long may it continue!
Lots of love,