Photo from @beautifulbookland on Instagram
Rating – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I just want Immortal Reign. I want Cleo and Magnus to reunite and be happy and in love and have a happy ending.
I’m so pleased I only have to wait five more days. That ending was by far the worst cliffhanger in the series and OF COURSE it’s the time I don’t have the next book on hand. Of course it is.
So, Crystal Storm. We have:
- A prince back from the dead
- A good-turned-evil-turned-good-again pregnant sorceress
- An evil king who is still evil but actually has some humanity in him? Idk fam I still hate his guts
- A rebel who still sort of just lurks in the background of everything
- An empress who literally just ruins everything
- A prince and princess who are trying to figure out their love for one another and who give me CHEST PAINS
- Aaaand an evil god of fire who talks in people’s minds.
There’s also a lot of dying, lying, and it all had me crying.
(Don’t look at me like that, I just couldn’t help myself.)
(There’s also a bit of dying and then coming back to life again but that didn’t fit with my rhyme.)
Cleo and Magnus totally steal the show for me. I JUST LOVE THEM A WHOLE LOT. The other characters? They’re okay. Jonas makes me laugh because he just lingers around like a bad smell. Lucia…honestly? She bored me, and she’s also the reason I gave this four (4.5) stars instead of five. Because while I also didn’t like Amara, she was at least interesting, whereas Lucia was just sort of there.
(Update: it has been a few days since I finished this book and wrote this review. It feels like a week.