Rating – 💖💖💖💖💖
Apparently this book is ideal for fans of Stranger Things and The Raven Boys, and while I can’t validate these claims (I’ve never seen Stranger Things, and I read ten pages of The Raven Boys before I got bored), I can wholeheartedly recommend this book to everyone.
The Devouring Gray is set in Four Paths, a town haunted by a trapped beast, and is so creepy it’s actually ridiculous. It follows Violet, Justin, Isaac and Harper, who are all descendants of the Founders of Four Paths. Each family has their own unique branch of power, which I absolutely loved the idea of.
– Characters! These characters are so complex, I went through stages of liking then disliking then liking again. They are the best kinds of characters
– The bisexual representation is absolutely fab
– There’s a character, Harper, who has a disability and is the perfect balance of kick ass and vulnerable
– The writing. It’s gorgeous and atmospheric and addictive
– Girls sticking together!!
Thank you to Titan Books for sending me a review copy!